Classic Waffle Puffs
PREP: 35 MINUTES
COOK: 4 MINUTES
SERVINGS: 1 - 5 SERVINGS
The options are endless with this Classic Bubble Waffle recipe, using our Waffle Puff Pan, for a Hong-Kong inspired street-food creation! Learn how to create your own Bubble Waffles on the stove top and top them with your favorite sweet and savory additions.
- 4 egg yolks
- 3/ 4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/ 3 cup butter, melted
- 3/ 4 cup sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 1/ 2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/ 8 teaspoon salt
- 6 egg whites, beaten to stiff peaks
- vegetable oil for cooking
- Optional toppings: fresh fruit, honey, syrup, powdered sugar, whipped cream
In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, milk, vanilla, butter and sugar until combined; set aside. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Whisk the egg yolk mixture into the flour mixture until batter is smooth and well blended. Add one-third of the beaten egg whites to the batter and stir until lightened. Gently fold in the remaining whites.
Separate waffle pan halves and preheat both sides of pan over medium heat until hot. Lightly brush each side of the pan with vegetable oil and pour ¾ cup batter into the center of one side. Immediately place the other side of the pan on top, flip the pan over and cook for 2 to 2 ½ minutes. Flip the pan over and cook until the waffle is golden brown on the other side, 2 to 2 ½ minutes more. Open the pan, invert the waffle onto serving plate. Repeat with the remaining batter. Makes 5 waffles.
- Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy plain and flat
- Add toppings such as fruit, honey, whipped cream, etc.
- Roll into a cone shape and fill with berries, ice cream, chocolate chips, whipped cream, and more!
- Cut or tear into pieces and dip in syrup.
Read Recipe Reviews
This recipe doesn't have any reviews yet. Try it out and let us know what you think!