Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
PREP: 30 MINUTES
COOK: 30 MINUTES
SERVINGS: 10 - 12 SERVINGS
- 2 1/ 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/ 4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 1/ 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk at room temperature
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons or more, red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/ 4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
Chocolate Ganache Drizzle:
- 1 cup milk chocolate (or semi sweet), chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ¼ cup whipping cream
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease with butter or shortening and lightly flour pan. Or prep with baking spray with flour and use a pastry brush to coat the details of the pan.
In a large bowl sift together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, oil, food coloring, vinegar, and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients to the wet 1 cup at a time, slowly so the batter doesn’t develop clumps. Once the batter is thoroughly mixed, stir in chocolate chips. Pour batter into the prepared cake pan and place in oven. Cool cake in pan for at least 10 minutes and invert onto cooling rack.
Bake for 45-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
To make chocolate ganache drizzle, place chopped chocolate and butter into a bowl and set aside. Bring the whipping cream to a boil over medium heat and pour over the chocolate and butter. Let sit for about one minute before stirring.
Let the ganache sit for 5 – 10 minutes or until it begins to thicken, then spoon over the cooled Bundt cake.