Grilled Tuna Melts
PREP: 10 MINUTES
COOK: 4 MINUTES
SERVINGS: 2 SERVINGS
The ultimate tuna melt grilled to perfection using our Sandwich and Grill Press! This delicious combination utilizes those extra cans of tuna in your pantry for a healthy and filling lunch or dinner grilled sandwich.
- 1 (5oz) can of tuna packed in water, drained and patted dry
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (or less to taste)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup diced English cucumber (1/4” dice)
- 1/3 cup diced red or orange sweet bell pepper (1/4” dice)
- ¼ cup finely diced yellow or red onion
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives (pitted, dried, and diced)
- 2 Tbsp capers (drained and patted dry)
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slices of Havarti, Fontina or Gouda cheese
- 4 slices sourdough bread
Tuna salad: Drain tuna and use a fork to flake into small bits in a medium sized bowl. Add remaining Tuna Salad ingredients and mix thoroughly to combine.
Sandwich assembly: Butter exterior of each slice of bread. Place a generous scoop of tuna salad on slice of bread, top with slice of cheese, and place remaining piece of bread on top.
Preheat Sandwich press according to product instructions on medium heat. Grill sandwich until golden brown and cheese is melted (3-4 minutes over medium heat, flipping press halfway). Alternately, a regular stovetop griddle or sauté pan may be used. Sandwiches can also be served open-faced, with cheese melted on top under a broiler.
Read Recipe Reviews
This recipe doesn't have any reviews yet. Try it out and let us know what you think!