PREP: 15 MINUTES
COOK: 12 MINUTES
SERVINGS: 8 SERVINGS
- 17 large Jalapeno peppers, stemmed and seeded
- 1/ 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/ 2 cups plus 2 Tbsp cheddar cheese
- 1 1/ 2 cups plus 2 Tbsp Monterey jack cheese
- 1/ 4 cup cooked, crumbled bacon
Preheat grill. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until onion begins to soften, about 5 minutes. Add minced garlic and sauté until onion is browned, about 3 more minutes. Remove from heat. In large bowl, mix together onion and cream cheese, adding salt and pepper to taste. Add 1 ½ cups each cheddar and monterey jack, stirring until well combined. In a separate small bowl, combine remaining 2 Tbsp each cheddar and monterey jack cheese and set aside. Fill each jalapeño with 1-2 Tbsp cheese filling. Grill until jalapeños are soft and filling is heated through, about 25 minutes. Top with reserved cheese and crumbled bacon. Grill until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
For indoor use: Prepare in a 375°F oven following the same instructions.
Read Recipe Reviews
This recipe doesn't have any reviews yet. Try it out and let us know what you think!