Hot Chocolate Bundt Cake
PREP: 30 MINUTES
COOK: 1 HOUR 5 MINUTES
SERVINGS: 10 - 12 SERVINGS
A chocolate Bundt with a heated twist! This hot chocolate Bundt combines rich cocoa and warm ancho chile for the ultimate winter dessert. Topped with a creamy chocolate glaze and baked in our Crown Bundt design. This recipe was created by Bake From Scratch magazine as part of the Bundt of the Month recipe collection.
- 1 cup (227 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups (400 grams) granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs (200 grams), room temperature
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) vanilla extract
- 2¾ cups (344 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1¾ teaspoons (5.25 grams) kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon (2 grams) ground ancho chile pepper
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 grams) baking soda
- 1½ cups (360 grams) whole milk, room temperature
- ⅓ cup (25 grams) Dutch process cocoa powder, sifted
- 2 teaspoons (4 grams) ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup (25 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- ⅔ cup (160 grams) heavy whipping cream
- ⅔ cup (113 grams) finely chopped 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate (about 4 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 325°F (170°C).
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar at medium speed until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, ancho chile pepper, and baking soda. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition. (Mixture may look curdled at certain points, but batter will come together.) Transfer half of batter (about 750 grams) to a medium bowl; gradually fold in Dutch process cocoa and cinnamon until smooth. Gradually fold unsweetened cocoa into remaining batter until smooth.
- Spray a 10-cup Nordic Ware Crown Bundt pan with baking spray with flour. Using 2 (2½-tablespoon) spring-loaded scoops, alternately scoop batters into prepared pan. Tap pan on a kitchen towel-lined counter a few times to settle batter and release any air bubbles.
- Place a heatproof cooling rack on center oven rack; place pan evenly on prepared rack.
- Bake for 50 minutes. Carefully rotate pan; bake until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean and an instant-read thermometer inserted in center registers 205°F (96°C), 15 to 20 minutes more. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes. Invert pan onto a wire rack. Gently tap wire rack on counter a few times to help loosen cake; remove pan, and let cake cool completely.
- Using a serrated knife, level cake, if desired. Place, cut side down, on a serving plate. Spoon and spread Chocolate Glaze over cooled cake as desired.
- In a small saucepan, heat cream over medium heat until bubbles begin to form around edges of pan. (Do not boil.)
- In the work bowl of a food processor, place chocolate. Process until finely chopped. With processor running, add hot cream in a slow, steady stream until chocolate is melted. Let cool slightly, about 10 minutes. Makes about 1 cup
For endless Bundt recipe inspiration, check out bakefromscratch.com.
Read Recipe Reviews
This recipe doesn't have any reviews yet. Try it out and let us know what you think!