Creamy Cheesy Deluxe Egg Bites
PREP: 5 MINUTES
COOK: 3.5 MINUTES
SERVINGS: 2 - 4 SERVINGS
You are not logged in! Login or create an account here to save recipes.
Make creamy cheesy blended egg bites in flash for a protein-filled breakfast or healthy snack. Similar in texture to sous vide egg bites but made in the microwave in minutes! These fluffy egg bites are simple to make and absolutely delicious. Add your favorite additions like finely diced vegetables, herbs or meat to customize.
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tbsp cottage cheese
- ¼ cup shredded cheese
- ½ Tbsp salted butter, softened
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 2-3 Tbsp finely diced pre-cooked ham, bacon or sausage
- 2-3 Tbsp finely chopped veggies or herbs
- In a food processor or blender, combine eggs, cottage cheese, shredded cheese, butter, salt and pepper and blend on low until mixture is smooth, approximately 20 seconds.
- Fill outer well of Microwave Egg Bites pan with water up to fill line.
- Evenly distribute the egg mixture up to the fill line in each cavity.
- Place lid on top of Egg Bites Pan and microwave on high for 2 minutes and 30 seconds. Use caution while using an oven mitt or hot pad to remove lid from pan, taking care not to spill contents which will be very hot.
- Using a small spatula or spoon, gently flip egg bites in each cavity. Place lid back on pan and microwave on high for another 30 seconds.
- Flip egg bites in each cavity a second time and microwave for another 30 seconds on high. Egg bites are done once eggs appear solid; if additional time is necessary, cook in 30 second increments until fully cooked. Note, cook times will vary based on microwave wattage.
- Let egg bites rest for 1 minute with lid on before serving.
- When ready, gently scoop out egg bites and serve immediately or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
If adding finely diced meat or vegetables to your Egg Bites, place a spoonful of mixture in each cavity, then fill with blended egg mixture up to fill line and stir each cavity once with a spoon. Do not fill past line or Egg Bites will overflow.
Read Recipe Reviews
This recipe doesn't have any reviews yet. Try it out and let us know what you think!