Roast Chicken & Vegetables with Fresh Garden Herbs
PREP: 3 HOURS
COOK: 1 HOUR
SERVINGS: 10 SERVINGS
- 1/ 2 cup olive oil
- 1/ 4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (3-4 lb) roasting chicken
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 package mini sweet bell peppers, stemmed, halved and seeded
Combine all marinade ingredients and process together in blender. In zip-top bag, combine ¼ cup marinade and vegetables. In another zip-top bag, combine ½ cup marinade and chicken. Reserve remaining marinade for basting. Marinate in refrigerator 2 hours, turning occasionally. Place chicken on Roasting Cone inserted into the base and grill 30 minutes over indirect heat, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Add vegetables to base of pan and continue grilling and basting until vegetables are tender and internal temperature in thickest part of chicken reaches 160°F, about 30-45 more minutes depending on the size of the chicken.
For indoor use: Prepare in a 375°F oven following the same instructions.
Read Recipe Reviews
This recipe doesn't have any reviews yet. Try it out and let us know what you think!