Chicken Mushroom Marsala Grilled Cheese
PREP: 10 MINUTES
COOK: 10 MINUTES
SERVINGS: 1 SERVINGS
You are not logged in! Login or create an account here to save recipes.
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil (olive, grape-seed, vegetable)
- 2 tablespoons buttered, softened
- 2 slices of bread (whole grained, French or seeded work best)
- 4 ounces cows milk mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 grilled chicken breast or roasted chicken
- Marsala Sauce
- 3/ 4 cup Marsala wine
- 1/ 2 cup chicken stock
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced or sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/ 2 pound mushrooms sliced
- *salt and pepper to taste
Heat a saute pan over medium heat. Pour in Marsala wine and chicken stock. Stir and cook until the wine has reduced to a light sauce. Pour into bowl. Add two tablespoons of olive oil to the now empty pan. Heat pan over medium heat and add minced garlic and onion. Be careful not to brown the garlic, lightly saute it for about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and saute until cooked. Pour the Marsala sauce into pan with the mushrooms and onions. Add butter and whisk the sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Heat oil on griddle over low heat. Spread softened butter onto both slices of bread. Place the slices buttered-side down in the oil in the pan. Pile each slice with mozzarella cheese, then a tablespoon of Parmesan cheese. Cook until bread is toasted and cheese has melted. Remove grilled bread with cheese to a plate. Pile cooked chicken on one slice of bread, spoon mushroom Marsala sauce over chicken. Close the sandwich and press firmly together. Enjoy.
Read Recipe Reviews
This recipe doesn't have any reviews yet. Try it out and let us know what you think!