Cheesy Tomato Skull Bread
PREP: 10 MINUTES
COOK: 25 MINUTES
SERVINGS: 6 SERVINGS
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder or 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh dill (or ½ tsp. dry dill)
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup freshly shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 – 14.5 oz can petite diced tomatoes, drained (reserve liquid)
- about 1/3 cup whole milk (see instructions)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup olive oil or canola oil
Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare Skull Cakelet Pan with baking spray.
In a large bowl, stir together dry ingredients and cheese until well blended. Pour reserved tomato liquid in liquid measuring cup then fill with milk to measure ⅔ cup total liquid. Set aside.
In medium bowl, lightly beat eggs, then stir in tomato liquid, oil, and diced tomatoes. Add to dry ingredients and mix just until blended. Pour batter into each well and spread evenly.
Bake for 25 – 30 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean and edges are golden brown. Cool 10 minutes in pan and invert onto a cooling rack. For serving, enjoy cheesy bread with tomato soup or dipping sauce of choice.