Caramelized Banana Bundtlettes with Salted Caramel Chocolate Sauce
PREP: 20 MINUTES
COOK: 20 MINUTES
SERVINGS: 12 SERVINGS
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/ 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar (baking sugar is best)
- 2/ 3 cup brown sugar, densely packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or 2 tsp vanilla extract)
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 4 over-ripened bananas, mashed to make 1 1/2 cups
- 1 cup whole milk plain Greek Yogurt or full-fat buttermilk
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Sauce:
- 1/ 2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/ 4 cup half & half or heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/ 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons bittersweet or unsweetened chocolate chopped
- large flake sea salt
Preheat oven to 350 F with oven rack in center of oven. Prepare your Geo Bundt pan by using a pastry brush and melted butter, ensuring that you reach inside every crevice of the pan. Dust with flour. Alternately, use a baking spray that contains flour, and brush excess with a pastry brush to evenly coat the pan.
Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl and set aside. Working with a stand mixer, cream butter for 2 minutes until light colored. Add the sugars and beat until pale and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla bean paste, and eggs, mixing for an additional 2 minutes. Reduce the mixer to its lowest speed and add mashed bananas. Add half of flour mixture, then yogurt/buttermilk, and finally the last of the flour mixture. Spoon the batter into your Geo Bundtlette cavities, then tap the pan firmly several times on a cutting board or counter top to release bubbles from the batter. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into each cake comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then invert onto a cooling rack. Makes 12 cakelets.
Salted Caramel Chocolate Sauce:
Combine brown sugar, cream, and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 2-3 minutes. Add vanilla and stir to combine. Remove from heat and add chocolate. Let stand 2 minutes, then stir to combine melted chocolate with caramel sauce. Before serving, pour warm sauce over each cake, then sprinkle with large flake salt crystals.
Read Recipe Reviews
This recipe doesn't have any reviews yet. Try it out and let us know what you think!