Pumpkin Mascarpone Bundt Cake with Mascarpone Glaze
PREP: 20 MINUTES
COOK: 55 MINUTES
SERVINGS: 10 - 12 SERVINGS
Here’s your new go-to cake every fall! This Pumpkin Mascarpone Bundt recipe is the essence of autumn baking, combining the amazing seasonal flavor of pumpkin with mascarpone for an incredibly moist and flavorful cake! Great addition to your fall festivities or Thanksgiving table. This recipe was created by Bake From Scratch magazine as part of the Bundt of the Month recipe collection.
- 1¼ cups (250 grams) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (55 grams) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs (150 grams), room temperature
- 1 (15-ounce) can (425 grams) pumpkin
- 8 ounces (225 grams) mascarpone cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup (76 grams) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons (8 grams) vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon (3 grams) packed orange zest
- 2¼ cups (281 grams) unbleached cake flour
- 2½ teaspoons (5 grams) pumpkin pie spice
- 1½ teaspoons (7.5 grams) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (3 grams) kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon (3.75 grams) baking soda
- 1 tablespoon (14 grams) all-vegetable shortening, melted
- 3½ cups (420 grams) confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 5 tablespoons (75 grams) whole milk
- ¼ cup (52 grams) mascarpone cheese, softened
- ½ teaspoon (1.5 grams) kosher salt
- pumpkin pie spice, pepitas
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat sugars and eggs at medium speed until fluffy and lightened in color, 2 to 3 minutes. Add pumpkin, mascarpone, melted butter, vanilla, and orange zest; beat at medium-low speed until well combined, 1 to 2 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. (Mixture may look curdled at this point, but batter will come together.)
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, pie spice, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture to sugar mixture, beating just until combined.
- Using a small pastry brush, coat inside of a 10-cup Nordic Ware Brilliance Bundt Pan with melted shortening. Spoon batter into prepared pan; forcefully tap pan on counter several times to spread batter into grooves and release as many air bubbles as possible. (The pan will be quite full, but the batter will not overflow.)
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean, 55 to 58 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Using a small offset spatula, gently loosen cake from center of pan. Invert onto a wire rack placed over a parchment-lined baking sheet; let cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, stir together all ingredients until smooth. Use immediately. Makes 1 1/2 cups.
- Working quickly, spoon a portion of Mascarpone Glaze over top of cake. Drizzle additional glaze onto and between outer ridges, spreading with the back of a spoon or a small offset spatula to cover completely. (Scoop and reuse excess glaze pooled on parchment paper, if needed.) Garnish with pie spice and pepitas, if desired.
For endless Bundt recipe inspiration, check out bakefromscratch.com.
Read Recipe Reviews
This recipe doesn't have any reviews yet. Try it out and let us know what you think!