Honey Blackberry Cornmeal Bundt Cake
PREP: 20 MINUTES
COOK: 1 HOUR 15 MINUTES
SERVINGS: 10 - 12 SERVINGS
This rich and tender Honey Blackberry Cornmeal Bundt has an extra special ingredient to give this cornbread cake a creamy texture yet mildly sweet flavor. The goat milk addition adds richness and tenderness when baking, but buttermilk can be substituted as well! With delightful bites of blackberry and a topping of sweet honey, this cake will be a new favorite! This recipe was created by Bake From Scratch magazine as part of the Bundt of the Month recipe collection.
- 1⅓ cups (303 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ cup (150 grams) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (170 grams) plus 2 tablespoons (42 grams) clover honey, divided
- ⅓ cup (80 grams) whole goat’s milk or whole buttermilk, room temperature
- 4 large eggs (200 grams), room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk (19 grams), room temperature
- 4 teaspoons (8 grams) packed lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons (30 grams) fresh lemon juice
- 1⅔ cups (225 grams) plain yellow cornmeal
- 1½ cups (188 grams) plus 1 tablespoon (8 grams) all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon (3 grams) kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 grams) baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 grams) baking soda
- 8 ounces (226 grams) fresh blackberries, halved (about 1⅔ cups)
- Garnish: clover honey
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C). Place a heatproof wire rack directly on oven rack, creating a sturdy, metal, cross-hatched surface to help keep pan level.
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter, sugar, ½ cup (170 grams) honey, goat’s milk or buttermilk, eggs, egg yolk, and lemon zest and juice.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cornmeal, 1½ cups (188 grams) flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Gradually whisk flour mixture into butter mixture just until some bits of flour remain.
- In a small bowl, toss together blackberries and remaining 1 tablespoon (8 grams) flour. Fold blackberry mixture into batter just until combined.
- Prepare a 10-cup Bundt pan with baking spray with flour. Using a ¼-cup spring-loaded scoop, scoop batter into prepared pan. Forcefully tap pan on a kitchen towel-lined counter several times to settle batter and release any air bubbles.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Rotate pan, and loosely cover with foil to prevent excess browning, if necessary; bake until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean and an instant-read thermometer inserted near center registers 200°F (93°C), 30 to 40 minutes more. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Invert cake onto a wire rack placed over a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat remaining 2 tablespoons (42 grams) honey on high in 10-second intervals, stirring between each, until loose and fluid. Quickly and carefully brush onto warm cake. Let cool completely.
- Transfer cooled cake to a serving plate. Garnish with honey, if desired.
For endless Bundt recipe inspiration, check out bakefromscratch.com.
Read Recipe Reviews
This recipe doesn't have any reviews yet. Try it out and let us know what you think!