Free Shipping on orders over $50 (See Shipping Info)
20% off any order over $150
Microwave Pasta Cooker
Cooking pasta has never been faster or easier! And now you can do it without a stove, boilovers, and pot scrubbing. Just add noodles & water. Drain using the strainer cover and toss with your favorite sauce. Voila! Engraved rings help you measure the amount of pasta needed. Generously sized and designed with handles that eliminate the slippage concerns raised by competitor products. Perfect for quick food prep. Ideal for busy people/dorm dwellers. Dishwasher safe.
Use & Care
Cook times will vary depending on microwave wattage and type of pasta prepared; you will want to check for desired level of doneness. Return the cooker to the microwave if pasta is not finished cooking. You will find that cooking with your pasta cooker can be a time saver, as there is no wait for water to boil before adding pasta. This can reduce total preparation time by as much as 5 minutes depending on the type of pasta you’re cooking.
Watch Full How-To Video Here
- Measure your serving of pasta according to pasta package instructions.
- For spaghetti, fettuccine or angel hair pasta, use concentric circles in top of lid as a guide. For other shapes of pasta, measure per box instructions. Place pasta into cooker before adding water.
- Fill with tap water to cover pasta but do not exceed the ‘fill’ line marked on the inside wall of the cooker. Exceeding the water line will cause messy boil-overs and is to be avoided.
- Place the full pasta cooker without strainer lid into the microwave and cook on full power for specified amount of time. (We recommend starting with cooking for the same amount of time specified on the box of pasta you’re cooking.)
- After desired level of doneness is achieved, transfer pasta cooker to sink while wearing oven mitts. Place lid dome side up onto cooker and grasp the side handles of the lid tightly to the base handles. Invert cooker away from you to drain water into the sink, shaking lightly to remove excess water that remains.
- Lid can also be used as an inverted strainer; drain pasta into lid, then set inverted lid into the base to allow it to continue draining.
- If desired, you may add pasta sauce, cheese, or other ingredients to your cooked pasta right inside the cooker itself. The base plus lid can be placed back into the microwave with drained pasta to warm sauce, melt cheese, or finish preparing your meal.
- For gluten free pasta and varieties with higher starch content such as boxed macaroni meals, foaming can occur during cooking. If this happens, stop microwave briefly and stir before continuing.
APPROXIMATE COOKING TIMES FOR SPAGHETTI:
- 1 serving: 12-13 minutes
- 2 servings: 13-14 minutes
- Add an additional minute of cooking time for every serving size added.
- If you like pasta al dente with a slightly firm texture, consider reducing cook time by one minute. For softer pasta, extend cook time by 1 minute increments.
- Before initial use, wash with warm, soapy water.
- For microwave use only. Follow cooking instructions above. Cook times will vary depending on microwave wattage and type of pasta prepared.
- Pasta cooker is intended for 1-4 portions of pasta (depending on which shape and type of pasta you are cooking). Pasta plus water should never exceed the ‘fill’ line marked on the inside wall of the cooker.
- Always wear oven mitts when handling and draining your pasta cooker and use the same precautions as with other products that become hot during cooking.
- Lid strainer is microwave-safe but not necessary while microwaving. Always drain water away from you into the sink.
- Base and lid are top rack dishwasher safe.