Gingerbread Streusel Bundt Cake
PREP: 30 MINUTES
COOK: 45 MINUTES
SERVINGS: 10 - 12 SERVINGS
A holiday season delectable Bundt that is sure to impress with a spectacular display! This Gingerbread Streusel Bundt Cake is filled with holiday spices, molasses, citrus and a layer of crumbly spiced streusel for an absolutte cozy treat for the holidays. Baked in our festive and detailed Very Merry Bundt Pan for a design that will bring cheer! This recipe was created by Bake From Scratch magazine as part of the Bundt of the Month recipe collection.
- ¾ cup (170 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 1⅓ cups (293 grams) firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 3 large eggs (150 grams), room temperature
- ½ cup (170 grams) unsulphured molasses
- 1 tablespoon (7 grams) tightly packed orange zest
- ½ teaspoon (2 grams) almond extract
- 2½ cups (313 grams) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons (4 grams) ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons (4 grams) ground cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoons (3 grams) ground nutmeg
- ¾ teaspoon (2.25 grams) kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 grams) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 grams) baking soda
- ½ teaspoon (2 grams) ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon (2 grams) ground allspice
- ½ cup (120 grams) whole buttermilk, room temperature
- Garnish: confectioners’ sugar
- ½ cup (63 grams) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons (5 grams) tightly packed orange zest
- 1 teaspoon (2 grams) ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons (42 grams) cold unsalted butter, cubed
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, orange zest, cinnamon, salt, and ginger. Add cold butter, and using your fingertips, work butter into flour mixture until no large chunks remain. Using your hands, squeeze mixture and crumble until uniform in texture. (Mixture will look sandy.) Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and brown sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until well combined after each addition. Beat in molasses, orange zest, and almond extract until well combined, stopping to scrape sides of bowl.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cloves, and allspice. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition. (Batter may have a little texture.)
- Spray a 10-cup Very Merry Bundt Pan with baking spray with flour. Spoon two-thirds of batter (about 3½ cups or 808 grams) into prepared pan. Firmly tap pan on a kitchen towel-lined counter 5 to 6 times to settle batter and release any air bubbles. Using the back of a spoon, make a ½-inch-deep, 1-inch-wide trench in center of batter in pan, leaving about a ¼-inch border around edges. Sprinkle ⅔ cup (88 grams) Spiced Streusel in trench, making sure it does not touch sides of pan. Lightly press on streusel to make sure it is even and flat. Spoon remaining batter on top of streusel in small dollops. Firmly tap pan on a kitchen towel-lined counter 5 to 6 times to settle batter and release any air bubbles (batter might pop as air is release from streusel filling). Sprinkle remaining Spiced Streusel on top of batter, trying not to touch sides of pan.
- Bake until golden brown, a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean, and an instant-read thermometer inserted near center registers 200°F (93°C), 45 minutes to 55 minutes. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes. Invert cake onto a wire rack, and let cool completely.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Garnish with confectioners’ sugar before serving, if desired.
Read Recipe Reviews
This recipe doesn't have any reviews yet. Try it out and let us know what you think!