Cheddar And Jalapeño Skull Cornbread
PREP: 10 MINUTES
COOK: 30 MINUTES
SERVINGS: 12 SERVINGS
The perfect companion to your favorite chili recipe this fall! Bake this festive and spooky skull cornbread with cheddar and jalapeño for a fun DIY Halloween party idea. Recipe and image by the Feedfeed!
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 1/ 2 cups cornmeal
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/ 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/ 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 3/ 4 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup corn kernels, from about 1 large ear fresh corn or frozen and thawed
- 2 Tbsp thinly sliced chives or scallions
- 1 jalapeño, finely diced
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. Liberally grease the Nordic Ware Haunted Skull Cakelet Pan with baking spray with flour and use a pastry brush to evenly coat the details of the pan. Set aside.
- Melt butter and honey in a medium pan and stir until well combined. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Whisk sour cream, buttermilk, egg, and honey-butter mixture in a medium bowl until well combined.
- Stir cornmeal, kosher salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a large bowl. Add sour cream mixture and stir until no dry patches remain, then stir in corn kernels, cheddar cheese, chives or scallions and jalapeño. Pour batter into prepared pan, filling cavities 3/4 full. Bake for about 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Set aside to cool completely in the pan for about 20 minutes. Unmold the skulls onto a cooling rack. Clean pan, prepare with baking spray and repeat with remaining batter. Serve with your favorite chili recipe. Makes 12 skull cornbreads.
Read Recipe Reviews
This recipe doesn't have any reviews yet. Try it out and let us know what you think!