Cardamom Cream Bundt Cake
PREP: 30 MINUTES
COOK: 1 HOUR
SERVINGS: 12 SERVINGS
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/ 2 cup baker’s sugar(finely granulated)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cardamom, freshly and finely ground with mortar and pestle
- 1/ 4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 1/ 4 cups heavy whipping cream, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/ 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon finely ground cardomom
- 3 tablespoons whole milk or cream
Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour a 10 cup Cast Aluminum Nordic Ware Bundt pan, or use a baking spray that contains flour. In the bowl of a mixer fitted with a flat beater, combine first five ingredients. Add eggs one at a time and blend until incorporated. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add cream in a slow, steady stream and vanilla. Beat mixture on medium high for 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared Bundt pan, no more than ¾ full to avoid overflow during baking. Find a firm surface such as a cutting board and firmly tap filled pan against the surface to remove air bubbles from the pan’s crevices. This will result in a dense, bubble-free cake exterior. Bake 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan precisely 10 minutes before inverting on a cooling rack.
While cake is baking, prepare glaze mixture by combining ingredients in a small saucepan on the stove. Whisk to combine, and bring to a simmer, then remove from heat and allow to cool.
If you prefer a thinner glaze, apply to warm cake just after inverting from pan. If a thicker glaze is desired, allow cake and glaze to cool completely to room temperature, and pour glaze on just before serving. You can thicken or thin the consistency by adding additional confectioner’s sugar or milk if necessary.