- on all orders over $25 -
(continental US only)
- any order over $50 -
- on all orders over $100 -
- 2 1/ 2 cups all-purpose flour 2 1/ 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 3/ 4 teaspoons baking powder 2 3/ 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/ 2 teaspoon salt 1/ 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/ 2 cups sugar 1 1/ 2 cups sugar
- 3/ 4 cup butter, softened 3/ 4 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs plus 2 egg whites 2 eggs, whole
- 2 teaspoons vanilla 2 egg whites only
- 1 cup milk 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons rainbow colored sprinkles 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons rainbow-colored sprinkles
- For "Cute Cupcake" cake pan - 6 cup
- Before starting, test to see if the pan will be stable on your oven rack. If it tends to tip to one side, then place a small cookie sheet under it when baking.
- Heat oven to 350 deg. F. Grease and flour pan (or spray with BAKING spray, the type that has flour in it already). Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Reduce the speed and add the eggs and egg whites one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Add the flour mixture along with the milk, beating just until combined, scraping the bowl often. Beat on medium speed 1 minute; stir in rainbow sprinkles. Fill each mold about ¾ full with batter, then tap the pan on countertop to release air bubbles.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes in pan. Invert pan onto cooling rack, remove pan and cool cakes completely.
- 4 tbsp (1/2 stick/60g) unsalted butter
- 1-1/2 cups (185g) confectioners sugar, sifted
- 1 tbsp milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- In a small bowl, using a handheld mixer, beat the butter on medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. Add the confectioners sugar, milk, vanilla and salt and continue beating until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes more. Frost and decorate as desired.
Read Recipe Reviews