- on all orders over $25 -
(continental US only)
- any order over $50 -
- any order over $100 -
Prep: 15 Minutes
Cook: 30 Minutes
- 2 1/ 2 cups all-purpose flour 2 1/ 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 3/ 4 teaspoons baking powder 2 3/ 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/ 2 teaspoon salt 1/ 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/ 2 cups sugar 1 1/ 2 cups sugar
- 3/ 4 cup butter, softened 3/ 4 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs plus 2 egg whites 2 eggs, whole
- 2 teaspoons vanilla 2 egg whites only
- 1 cup milk 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons rainbow colored sprinkles 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons rainbow-colored sprinkles
For "Cute Cupcake" cake pan - 6 cup
Before starting, test to see if the pan will be stable on your oven rack. If it tends to tip to one side, then place a small cookie sheet under it when baking.
Heat oven to 350 deg. F. Grease and flour pan (or spray with BAKING spray, the type that has flour in it already). Set aside.
In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Reduce the speed and add the eggs and egg whites one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Add the flour mixture along with the milk, beating just until combined, scraping the bowl often. Beat on medium speed 1 minute; stir in rainbow sprinkles. Fill each mold about ¾ full with batter, then tap the pan on countertop to release air bubbles.
Bake 30-35 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes in pan. Invert pan onto cooling rack, remove pan and cool cakes completely.
4 tbsp (1/2 stick/60g) unsalted butter
1-1/2 cups (185g) confectioners sugar, sifted
1 tbsp milk
½ tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
In a small bowl, using a handheld mixer, beat the butter on medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. Add the confectioners sugar, milk, vanilla and salt and continue beating until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes more. Frost and decorate as desired.
Read Recipe Reviews