Gluten Free Banana Chai Bundt Cake with Chocolate Espresso Drizzle
PREP: 20 MINUTES
COOK: 1 HOUR
SERVINGS: 12 SERVINGS
- 3 1/ 3 cups gluten free flour (Bob Mill’s Gluten Free Baking 1:1 Flour Mix)
- 1 1/ 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/ 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/ 2 teaspoons ground cardamon
- 1 1/ 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/ 2 teaspoon all-spice
- 1/ 2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/ 4 cup chai concentrate (Gray Duck Chai)
- 3/ 4 cup milk
- 4 medium over-ripe bananas
- 3/ 4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/ 2 cups light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/ 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Dark Chocolate Drizzle:
- 3/ 4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1-2 tablespoons espresso powder
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, salt, allspice, and nutmeg. Set aside while mixing the wet ingredients. In a medium mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar. Slowly add the eggs and vanilla.
Next, mash the ripe bananas in a small bowl and thoroughly mix into the batter. Add the Chai concentrate and milk. Finally, slowly mix in the dry ingredients until well combined without any clumps.
Thoroughly and carefully spray the Bundt pan and pour the batter until ¾ full. Bake the cake for 55-60 minutes until the top is a golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Let the cake cool for 10 minutes in the pan and then turn upside-down onto a rack. Do not take out of the pan before 10 minutes as the cake might not come out clean or wait too long as it might be difficult to come out. Let cool completely on the rack
Dark Chocolate Espresso Drizzle:
In a double boiling saucepan, add all the ingredients and melt together. The chocolate drizzle should be pretty thin so it’s easy to pour over the cake. If you want it to be thicker, use less coconut oil or add more chocolate chips. Melt together until there are no clumps and smooth. Pour the chocolate drizzle over the Bundt Cake once the cake is cooled and enjoy!
Read Recipe Reviews
This recipe doesn't have any reviews yet. Try it out and let us know what you think!