1. Before initial use and after subsequent uses, hand wash with warm, soapy water.
2. Not recommended for dishwasher use
3. Metal utensils, scouring pads and abrasive cleaners may scratch pie shield, but will not affect performance.
4. Pie crust shield will become hot during oven use; always use an oven mitt when handling.
1. Connect the 5 interlocking pieces of your pie shield together to make one continuous, adjustable circle. The pieces snap easily together and can remain together permanently if you choose.
2. Adjust your pie shield to fit the size of your pie by pushing inward or pulling outward on the pieces. You may oil your pie shield with a brush of vegetable oil in the joints to ensure fluid movement.
3. Depending on your preference, you may either begin baking your crust shield in place and remove halfway through baking to allow crust to brown lightly, or you may start your pie without the shield and put it in place once your pie has reached its desired level of browning.