Grilled Corn Stuffed Tomatoes
PREP: 45 MINUTES
COOK: 15 MINUTES
SERVINGS: 12 SERVINGS
- 3 1/ 2 cups (5 ears) fresh corn kernels
- 2 cups cooked jasmine rice, cooled to room temperature
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/ 2 cup chopped yellow pepper
- 1/ 2 cup chopped red onion
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/ 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/ 2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/ 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 12 medium vine tomatoes
In a large bowl, toss all ingredients together, except tomatoes and set aside. Slice the tops off of each tomato and scoop out the insides. Fill each tomato with ½ cup corn-rice mixture and place into Meatball Griller. Place sliced tops back on each tomato, if desired. Grill tomatoes over indirect medium heat until the tomatoes are soft and filling is warm, about 10-15 minutes.
For indoor use: this recipe can be prepared in a 350°F oven following the same instructions, setting Meatball Griller in a 9 in. x 13 in. baking pan or rimmed cookie sheet.
Read Recipe Reviews
This recipe doesn't have any reviews yet. Try it out and let us know what you think!