If you're going the extra mile to infuse your food with delicious flavors of natural wood smoke, why not double your output with the same amount of effort? This ingenious device, with its additional height and tray, gives you two options to maximize your Kettle Smoker: Add a second aluminized steel rack to smoke two layers of food at once, or just use the extender alone to add 3" of height for large food items such as a whole chicken, a large roast or a holiday-sized ham. For use with Nordic Ware's full-size Stovetop Kettle Smoker.
Interior Dimensions:L: 10.8 in.W: 10.8 in.H: 3.2 in.
Material: Aluminized Steel
Warranty: 5 Year Warranty
Weight: 1.6 lbs
Made In: China (extender ring)
Includes extender ring and and food tray
Use & Care
1. For large or tall foods, such as a chicken, duck, turkey or roast, use the extender ring to add height to the inside of your kettle smoker. Prepare smoker as directed, but place extender ring snugly onto smoker before placing lid on top. Smoke food as desired, no changes to time or temperature are needed.
2. For maximizing capacity with larger batches or recipes, use extender ring plus additional food tray. Prepare smoker as directed, layering food on lower level food tray. Add extender ring and ensure snug fit, then place 2nd food tray onto extender ring and layer with food. Ensure that food does not overlap on either layer so tightly that it prevents smoke from coming through
3. Place lid on top and smoke food as desired. Slow and low is the key when using the 2nd layer!
4. Note that food smoked on upper layer will not be exposed to direct heat in the same way that the lower layer is, which will affect cooking times. Always use a meat thermometer to ensure food reaches proper internal temperatures.
1. Before initial use and after subsequent uses, hand wash with warm, soapy water.
2. Metal utensils, scouring pads and abrasive cleaners should not be used on surfaces. Nylon or silicone utensils are recommended.
This product doesn't have any reviews yet. Try it out and let us know what you think!