Key Lime Bundt Cake
PREP: 15 MINUTES
COOK: 50 MINUTES
SERVINGS: 10 - 12 SERVINGS
Key lime pie in a flavorful and tangy Bundt! This delicious cake is soaked in lime juice and topped with a beautiful buttermilk glaze and graham cracker crumbs for a fresh spring and summer treat. Baked in our Magnolia Bundt Pan. This recipe was created by Bake From Scratch magazine as part of the Bundt of the Month recipe collection.
- 1¾ cups (350 grams) granulated sugar, divided
- ½ cup (110 grams) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons (10 grams) lightly packed lime zest (about 3 medium limes)
- 1 cup (227 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 4 large eggs (200 grams), room temperature
- 3 cups (375 grams) cake flour
- 1 teaspoon (3 grams) kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 grams) baking soda
- 1¼ cups (300 grams) whole buttermilk, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon (14 grams) all-vegetable shortening, melted
- ½ cup (62 grams) dry plain bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup (80 grams) fresh Key lime juice
- Buttermilk Glaze (recipe follows)
- Garnish: finely ground graham cracker crumbs, lime zest
- 3 cups (360 grams) confectioners’ sugar
- ⅓ cup (80 grams) whole buttermilk
- 2½ tablespoons (52.5 grams) light corn syrup
- 1¼ teaspoons (5 grams) vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon (1.5 grams) kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 325°F (170°C).
- In a medium bowl, stir together 1½ cups (300 grams) granulated sugar, brown sugar, and zest until well combined.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat sugar mixture and butter at medium speed until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl as needed. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. (Mixture may look curdled at this point, but batter will come together.)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition and stopping to scrape sides of bowl as needed.
- Using a small pastry brush, thoroughly grease Magnolia Bundt Pan with melted shortening. Coat inside of pan with bread crumbs, shaking out excess.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan. Tap pan on counter several times to release air bubbles and evenly spread batter in pan. (The pan will be quite full, but the batter will not overflow.)
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean, 50 minutes to 1 hour. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Using a small offset spatula, gently loosen cake from center of pan. Invert cake onto a wire rack placed over a rimmed and parchment paper-lined baking pan; let stand in pan for 10 minutes before removing cake.
- In a small bowl, stir together lime juice and remaining ¼ cup (50 grams) granulated sugar. Gently brush juice mixture all over cake. Let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, stir together all ingredients until smooth. Use immediately.
- Using a large spoon, pour Buttermilk Glaze all over cake. To coat sides, drizzle additional Buttermilk Glaze, and spread with back of spoon. Garnish with graham cracker crumbs and zest, if desired.
For endless Bundt recipe inspiration, check out bakefromscratch.com.
Read Recipe Reviews
This recipe doesn't have any reviews yet. Try it out and let us know what you think!