- on all orders over $25 -
(continental US only)
- any order over $50 -
- on all orders over $100 -
Valentine's Day Chocolate Covered Cherry Bundt Cake
- 1 Baker's Joy Spray
- 2 Softened Sticks Unsalted Butter
- 1 1/ 4 cups Sugar
- 4 Room Temperature Eggs
- 1/ 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/ 2 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1 1/ 2 teaspoons Cherry Extract
- 1/ 4 teaspoon Red Gel Food Coloring
- 2 cups Cake Flour
- 3 tablespoons Divided Cake Flour
- 2 1/ 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/ 2 teaspoon Salt
- 3/ 4 cup Milk
- 16 ounces Drained Maraschino Cherries
- 3 ounces Chocolate Candy Coating
- Optional: 1 cup Powder Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare Elegant Heart Bundt pan with Baker’s Joy spray and set aside. Drain juice from cherries (save juice in refrigerator if making optional glaze), chop cherries coarsely and place on paper towels to drain, set aside. In medium bowl whisk together 2 cups of cake flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside. In large bowl, cream butter and sugar with mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and continue beating for two minutes. Mix in vanilla extract, almond extract, cherry extract and red food coloring. Slowly beat in half of flour mixture then milk and then remaining flour mixture until smooth. Sprinkle cherries with 3 tablespoons cake flour and roll them until coated. Gently fold cherries into batter. Pour batter into prepared pan and tap on counter to remove air bubbles.
- Baking instructions:
- Place in preheated oven for 25-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, turn cake out onto cake plate and cool completely.
- Melt chocolate candy coating in microwave for 20-second intervals until melted. Stir until smooth and drizzle over cake.
- Serving recommendations:
- To create a cherry cordial effect, stir 1 cup of powdered sugar and 1-2 Tbsp of reserved cherry juice until smooth. Drizzle over cake or onto individual servings.
Read Recipe Reviews