Free Shipping on orders over $50 (See Shipping Info)
20% off any order over $150
Checkerboard Cake Ring
Use & Care
- Before initial use, wash in warm, soapy water and dry thoroughly.
- Not dishwasher safe.
- Prepare recipe included on packaging or two standard white or yellow cake mixes according to instructions. For the cake mixes, divide batter evenly into two bowls. Add 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder to one bowl or add food coloring to create a different color from the standard mix.
- Place checkerboard ring in an 8″ round cake pan. Add the colored batter into outer and inner ring. Pour the white batter into middle ring section. Carefully remove the ring out of the cake pan. Rinse and repeat this color sequence in another round cake pan. For the third layer, switch the order of batter colors: Pour the white batter in the outer and inner ring. Pour the colored batter in the middle ring section. In the end, two layers cakes are the same and one is different.
- Bake according to instructions and cool the 3 layer cakes completely.
- For assembly, layer the cakes on top of one another, alternating the color sequences (Note: the two layers that are the same color sequences will be the bottom and top layer of the cake). Frost and decorate as desired. Cut into cake to see checkerboard design.