Lemon Lime Easter Cake
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray generously the Nordic Ware Cathedral pan with baking spray containing oil and flour.
2. In a large bowl, beat granulated sugar and butter with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
3. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt. Add to sugar mixture alternately with buttermilk beating until well blended. Remove two cups of batter to another bowl.
4. In first bowl; stir in lemon gelatin, lemon peel and yellow coloring. In bowl containing two cups of batter, stir in lime gelatin and lime peel. Spoon ½ of the lemon batter in the prepared Bundt pan, spread evenly. Spoon lime batter over lemon batter, spread batter evenly and gently. Spoon remaining lemon batter over lime and spread lightly.
5. While cake is baking mix the glaze. In a medium bowl, mix all glaze ingredients until smooth.
Bake for 45- 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Remove cake from oven. Poke several holes in the top of cake with a thin wooden skewer; pour half of the glaze slowly over top. Cool for 15 minutes. Loosen edges of cake with plastic knife if necessary. Turn pan upside down onto serving plate. Remove pan. Poke several holes in top and crevices of cake and pour remainder of glaze slowly over cake. Allow cake to cool before serving.
Garnish with spring flowers in the center. Wrap stems of flowers with wet paper towel then wrap in foil, place in center of cake. Flowers should be removed before slicing.
If you enjoy this recipe, take a look at Platinum Cathedral Bundt Pan
Nordic Ware Recipes
½ cup butter, softened
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 cup buttermilk
1 (.3 ounce) package of sugar free lemon gelatin
1 Tbsp grated lemon peel
¼ tsp yellow food coloring
1 (.3 ounce) package of sugar free lime gelatin
1 Tbsp grated lime peel
1 cup powdered sugar
1 Tbsp lime juice
1 Tbsp lemon juice