Skip to content
Nordic Ware History of Firsts
- 1946 Produced its first line of specialty kitchenware Products.
- 1950 Invented the Famous Bundt® Pan.
- 1960 The Bundt® Pan becomes America's #1 selling cake pan.
- 1964 Pioneered first non-stick coatings for cookware and bakeware. Among the first original Dupont® licenses for Teflon®.
- 1970 Licensed Pillsbury to produce their immensely successful Bundt cake mix line.
- 1972 Adapted automated aluminum die casting technology to the manufacturing of cookware and bakeware, becoming the world's leading cast
aluminum kitchenware supplier! A position still held today.
- 1978 Developed new thermoset plastic molding technology to create an extensive line of cookware designed to work in both conventional
and microwave ovens.
- 1979 Pioneered the first EDI technology with a major US retailer. Today we are online with most of our major retailers.
- 1980 Developed and patented the famous Micro-Go-Round automated food rotator for microwave ovens. Still our #1 product today!
- 1984 Designed and patented the worlds first and only microwave pressure cooker; thus greatly expanding the usefulness of microwave
ovens to whole meal preparation.
- 1987 Invented proprietary technology to apply porcelain enamel and non-stick finishes to tri-ply aluminized steel cookware and
bakeware - an exclusive industry offering.
- 1990 Produced and marketed first carbon block faucet filter to effectively remove lead, mercury and cysts.
- 1992 Recognized as the worlds leading commercial applicator of non-stick coating and hi-performance finishes, marketing proprietary
technology for specialized applications in medical science, computer, aerospace, commercial food processing and restaurant equipment.
- 1995 Nordic Ware is one of the first Housewares manufacturers to launch an interactive, e-commerce web site on the Internet.
- 1996 Developed first high temperature, grill-safe non-stick coated, Barbecue Grill Cookware.
- 1999 Developed Any Oven™, the first line on non-stick coated, high temperature bakeware that can be used in microwave ovens
as well as in conventional, gas or electirc ovens.
- 2000 Introduced the elegant Star Bundt® pan in celebration of the 50 anniversary of the Bundt pan.
- 2001 Pioneeers the introduction of NSF Certified Cookware and Bakeware products for consumer household use.
- 2002 Develops and implements proprietary Always On Time manufacturing and operating system, fully integrating in real time, the
engineering, purchasing, manufacturing and distribution functions within the company.
- 2003 Introduces cast aluminum baking molds in lifelike floral designs, pioneering the development of non-geometric, organic shaped
cast aluminum baking molds.
- 2004 Introduces pressure cast non-stick aluminum cookware with contemporary European styling. First to use integrated inlaid
- 2005 Introduces natural aluminum commercial bakeware with storage covers.
- 2006 In celebration of it's 60th Anniversary, a carefully detailed and accurately scaled reproduction of the original Bundt®
Pan is produced for limited distribution.